The question still remains – Why have a swimming pool if you never want to use it due to cold water? Solar Pool Heating is your answer.
- Solar pool heating panels use your existing pool pump (in most cases).
- The most popular way to heat your pool with No additional electricity / operating costs.
- Solar Pool heating is weather dependent, but will result in temperatures well above that of an unheated pool every day.
- Solar Pool heating also provides an improved quality of life at an affordable price, allowing you to enjoy your pool more – even in some cases year round.
- Have you ever left your garden hose in the driveway on a sunny day? You know how hot the water can get. This solar thermal principal is applied to solar pool heating panels that are specially designed to absorb maximum amount of solar radiation and transfer that energy to your pool water in the form of heat. Because the pool water constantly flows through the solar panels, your pool water is constantly heated when solar energy is available (in other words – on a sunny day)
- Heat pumps
How does solar panels work?
Solar panels are fitted to the roof. Cold water is drawn from the pool via the pool pump to the sand filter and then channelled through the panels and is heated by the sun's rays. The water is then returned to the pool by the existing pool pump configuration and will lead the water back to the pool once it is filtered.
This system not only absorbs heat directly from the sun, but absorbs heat by conduction from your roof. In effect, the roof becomes part of the solar system. The heating cycle can also be isolated by closing the valve between cold and hot water pipes. The Solar panels that we install are made to strict and high standards and each panel has a 10 year warranty. All materials used in the manufacturing of the panels are UV resistant (made of durable and hard-wearing HDPE).
A Geo-Bubble Cover is also recommended with the above system as it retains heat in the pool and therefore greatly improves the efficiency of the system and reduces the running costs of the system.
Heat pumps are designed for heating swimming pools. It removes heat from the surrounding air and transfers the heat to the swimming pool water by means of a titanium heat exchanger. The non-polluting series of heat pumps are so energy efficient, it will keep your pool comfortably warm for a fraction of the cost of electric heaters and the enjoyment of using your pool all year round by far exceeds this cost. Heat pumps are closed-cycle systems that can heat or cool your pool water. The heat pump uses advanced corrosion resistant titanium and polymer heat exchanger technology for longer operating life. The dual thermostats offer precise temperature monitoring and control to maintain the desired water temperatures and the self-diagnostic control panel monitors and troubleshoots heat pump operation to ensure safe, dependable operation. Heat pumps come with a status indicator LED display that gives the operator feedback of the current operating performance of the heat pump.